TGIF

                                  


           

Thank God It's Friday (TGIF)!


Today is Friday and it had me thinking about growing up watching television in the evenings on ABC. Friday nights were the highlights at the end of the week. As I continue to write I was informed it was originally called Thank Goodness It's Funny! Hey, how was I supposed to know I was a kid then, but I like the way Thank God It's Friday sound.

Rather than making programming only for kids, TGIF created the remarkable strategy of making content for the entire family. This was a spot we made where the whole family would tune in front of the television for a few hours with laughter. The family-accommodating shows were infamous for fusing life examples for the youthful crowd, addressing everything from harassing to peer pressing factor and medication use. My parents could trust my sister and I to watch these shows content without worrying. 

When I look back and I watch reruns today these shows lasted 8-10 years on the air compare to some family show lasting 4 years now. Some of my favorites involved Family Matters, Step by Step, Hanging with Mr.Cooper, Boy Meets World, Full House, Sister Sister and a few more. If I missed any inform me please. As times changed and everyone moved on to other channels like Disney and Nickelodeon. Don't get e wrong I had my time with the both of them and that's another story to share. 

Those were some of the good of days. I wish they could bring more shows back made like these shows. I want the real felt drama situation like in family oriented shows. Maybe there are some shows out there that haven't crossed my path yet. We are in the days of so many channels and streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Prime video) who are has their own original shows. How can I keep up? All I have to say is when Friday nights were over, Saturday morning cartoons began.

                                                                                             

                                     

Comments

Popular Posts