TikTok

                                                         



It seems that TikTok is the new trend now. Most of the time when I'm scrolling on my Facebook page BOOM, videos are everywhere. There's nothing wrong with it. I even thought about setting up an account myself when I find a chance or have the time to do so. That's still up for debate. So what makes this social media page so great. Is it the making your own short video with dancing, singing , comedy or whatever comes to mind? My niece is so all up in this. She always showing me some type of video. Sometimes I would catch her getting up in the middle night to do a dance so she could post.

The only thing I would say I disagree about TikTok is children dancing to music that has cursing involve and its posted. I had to get on to my niece about it a couple times. Overall I think its a great app. Atleast it keeps the children busy and out of trouble. My niece would spend pretty much half the day on this app on a Saturday and Sunday morning. Her hands cling to her phone. Is that a good or bad thing? I can't compare my life to hers when I was her age because being outside was my TikTok...so I can't say is it interfering with homework because at one point it was video games..

TikTok social media target audience is 18 and under compared to other social media apps. I'm not saying other age group doesn't use the app. The average age range is 10-29 years old and yes 30+ use this app as well. TikTok is very creative and edgy with all the sharing of videos of people singing, lip syncing and dancing to their favorite tunes. Of course you try to do as much short videos as you can to have as many followers as with some of the social I'm going to mention. If you think about it was Myspace around 2005. This was when I was in high school. I heard alot people talk about it and had their page all decorated/flashy with background music. FaceBook came around 2008 (still being used today). I got a Faceback account around 2011. Instagram came a few years after FaceBook and Snapchat was very shortly after Instagram (maybe like 2014). It was when my sister was in high school. I have Instagram account, but don't use it and I don't Snapchat either. 

Trends come and go. I'm wondering what's going to happen next when the next generation wave come through. What's going to be the new HYPE!

Comments

Popular Posts